-----Welcome to my Vision Quest ( 歡迎光臨藝術工作室 )-----

Friday, February 17, 2006

Script for a short story

Audition


(girl walks in huge room with tall windows on one side, she takes the long walk up towards a piano)
Walking into a room that I have never seen before, but in it there's an old friend waiting for me
(She looks at the piano and smiles)

He calls me
(girl sits at piano)
"I'll hum the tune to you while you sing to me" he says

"Just like before, just like we practiced"

The clouds shift over the sun rapidly as I observe the shadows creeping around the room.

Theirs an empty chair half turned away from me in the middle of the room
Its shadow creates a figer that that turns towards me

"Trust me, you're not alone"

But I am alone

(the sun beams heavy into room making shadows shift off me)
The light touches me on my shoulder

I expect a whisper to follow in my ears (eyes closed)

"You can do this" (mutters to herself)

I glide my hands over the keys gently touching them like the way you touch a loved one on the cheek as they sleep

The audition will start soon, I take a deep breath.

No comments: